The StrongerBC future skills grant provides up to $3,500 in eligible costs for short-term skills training at public universities and colleges in BC.
StrongerBC future skills grant approved programs running September - December 2023 at NIC. Join the interest list through the links below and watch nic.bc.ca for updates.
Registration is expected to open in the next few weeks.
- Must be a Canadian Citizen, Permanent Resident, or Protected Person entitled to study in Canada.
- Must be BC residents and currently live in BC.
- Must be 19 years or older or have graduated high school by the start of the course/program.
- Must provide consent for NIC to disclose learner information to the Province.
- Should not be receiving duplicate grants, loans, scholarships, or other funding to cover the eligible costs below.
Eligible Expenditures Covered by FSG
- Lifetime maximum of $3,500 inclusive of all eligible costs
- Mandatory fees
- Program/course materials (textbooks, required program software and tools)
- Not eligible: Childcare, living allowances and transportation
Please note: The grant benefits may have tax implications. Students receiving federal and provincial benefits, such as Employment Insurance (EI) or BC Employment Assistance (BCEA) must seek approval from the appropriate government body before participating in programs.