IMPORTANT UPCOMING DATES
- Wednesday, Dec. 22- Virtual Peer drop-in session for new and returning students
- Monday, Dec. 27 – Monday, Jan. 3: Winter Break - College Closed
- Tuesday, Jan. 4 - First day of classes for some Trades Programs*
- Wednesday, Jan. 5 – Friday, Jan. 7: Winter 2022 Orientation
- Monday, Jan. 10 – First day of Winter term, winter classes begin
*For trades programs, please log in to your NIC student planning as your courses will have a start date of Jan. 4. If not sure, please contact your instructors.
- Virtual Peer Drop-in Sessions. Join the Peer Drop-in Session on Dec. 22 from 6:30 pm to 7:30 pm (PT), It is a great opportunity to meet other NIC students and to learn tips and tricks from fellow NIC students. To learn more, visit Winter 2022 Orientation page. To register send an email to Studentlife@nic.bc.ca by 4 pm on Dec. 21.
- Winter Orientation 2022. To welcome our new and returning students in January 2022. We have launched the Winter 2022 Orientation page – check it out for more information about the winter orientation events and activities.
- Student Survey Alert!! WIN $150 JUST FOR SHARING YOUR THOUGHTS! Please help us to help you! The survey should only take 5-6 minutes to complete, and all responses will remain anonymous. The goal of this survey is to gather feedback to help us improve the student career preparation, coaching and work-integrated learning services we currently provide to all NIC students and alumni. Any students who complete the survey will then be eligible to enter a draw to win a $150 prize at the retailer of their choice – Walmart, Superstore or Winners. The survey will close on January 17, 2022 at 5 pm. Here is the link for the survey, https://www.surveymonkey.ca/r/INTO2022
IN OUR COMMUNITIES
- COVID-19 Vaccination. The BC Government is encouraging all who are eligible to register for their COVID vaccine as soon as possible, this includes both domestic and international students. Visit the government website for information on eligibility and the registration process.
- COVID-19 Restrictions. You can view the latest public health orders here. Masks in public indoor settings are now mandatory – this includes NIC campus buildings.
NIC SUPPORTS & SERVICES UPDATES
- Library & Learning Commons. The Library & Learning Commons is open until December 24 for quiet study, computer and printing services, study rooms, or lending services. Visit https://library.nic.bc.ca/AboutUs/Hours/ for updated hours.
- NIC Bookstores. NIC bookstores will be open for extended hours in January. Comox Valley and Campbell River bookstores will be open from Jan. 4 -21 from 9 am to 4 pm. Port Alberni bookstore will be open Jan. 4- 14 from 9 am to 4 pm. After these dates, the stores will be going back to our regular posted hours of operation.
GRATEFUL & THANKFUL
- Fall 2021 Student Readiness Survey. Thank you to all students who participated in our fall 2021 Student Readiness Survey. Your feedback provides us with an invaluable source of information that helps us improve our services and enhance the student experience. Here is a summary of your feedback which we will be including in our planning as we work toward areas of improvement for current and future NIC students.
- Has an NIC instructor or staff member made a difference in your life as a student? Perhaps someone’s expertise, support or kindness has made all the difference to your success, or maybe just made you smile. If you would like to recognize the contribution of an instructor or staff member, fill out our recognition form. We will send the nominee a thank you on your behalf including your comment(s). Please note – you will remain anonymous.
- Thriving in Action Weekly Workbook. Each week of the academic year comes with its own unique challenges. The Thriving in Action Weekly Workbook was designed to provide you with at least one exercise that has proven to be effective in increasing life satisfaction, happiness, and resilience. Download the Student Weekly Workbook here.
“Winter is the time for comfort, for good food and warmth, for the touch of a friendly hand and for a talk beside the fire; it is the time for home.”
– Edith Sitwell
If there is information you'd like to see included in upcoming communications, or would like to share, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Enjoy your week and stay well!
Student Life Team
If you wish to respond or have any questions, please click here.