IMPORTANT UPCOMING DATES
- Wednesday, Nov. 10 – Friday, Nov. 12: Fall Reading Break
- Thursday, Nov. 11: Remembrance Day – College Closed
- Monday, Nov. 29 – Friday, Dec. 3: Last week of classes.
- Wednesday, Dec. 1: Opt-out period for NISU Health & Dental Benefits for 2022 Winter term.
- Monday, Dec. 6 – Thursday, Dec 16: Fall Final Exams
- Monday, Dec. 27 – Monday, Jan. 3: College Closed.
- Brave Spaces Discussion: Unconscious Bias. Join Student Life and a team of panellists made up of NIC students and instructors on Wednesday, Nov. 17 from 12-1:30 pm PDT for a Braves Spaces discussion on unconscious bias to explore its impacts on individuals and communities and discover ways to become more aware of and tackle our own unconscious biases. To register for the event, email email@example.com.
- Library & Learning Commons Workshops. Citation workshops running every week! Learn how to form and incorporate your citations and build your bibliography. We’ll also cover formatting your paper in APA or MLA style. Register online here.
- November is Financial Literacy Month! Are you currently a student or planning on becoming a student? Grants and loans are available for full-time and part-time students. The Canada Student Financial Assistance Program offers student grants and loans to full-time and part-time students. Grants and loans help students pay for their post-secondary education.
- Apply for grants and loans in one application, directly with your province of residence
- You don't need to repay grants you receive
- You need to repay loans after finishing school, with interest
- You may be eligible for more than 1 type of grant - when you apply with your province, they will assess your eligibility for all available grants
How much can you get
The amount you can receive depends on several factors, including:
- your province or territory of residence
- your family income
- if you have dependents
- your tuition fees and living expenses
- if you have a disability
Book a Financial Aid Advising appointment here.
IN OUR COMMUNITIES
- COVID-19 Vaccination. The BC Government is encouraging all who are eligible to register for their COVID vaccine as soon as possible, this includes both domestic and international students. Visit the government website for information on eligibility and the registration process.
- COVID-19 Restrictions. You can view the latest public health orders here. Masks in public indoor settings are now mandatory – this includes NIC campus buildings.
NIC SUPPORTS & SERVICES UPDATES
- Library & Learning Commons. With assignments coming due, book your research appointment at any of your campus libraries. Whether you need help with finding sources or citing sources, we’re here to help! Book today. The Comox Valley Library & Learning Commons has increased face-to-face Writing Support and virtual hours on Wednesdays! Book your appointment here. Math Support has transitioned to online for the next couple of weeks. Book your drop-in or one-on-one appointment here.
- Thriving in Action Weekly Workbook. Each week of the academic year comes with its unique challenges. The Thriving in Action Weekly Workbook was designed to provide you with at least one exercise that has proven to be effective in increasing life satisfaction, happiness, and resilience. Download the Student Weekly Workbook here.
“The roots of education are bitter, but the fruit is sweet.”
If there is information you'd like to see included in upcoming communications, or would like to share, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Enjoy your week and stay well!
Student Life Team
If you wish to respond or have any questions, please click here.