When: Friday, August 29
Where: Comox Valley campus
Cost: tuition-free for eligible applicants
Course Code: BUS 248
Gain skills and techniques for effective management of non-profit organizations with BUS 248 Intro to Non-Profit Management, offered at the Comox Valley campus this fall.
Developed by the BC Centre for Non-Profit Development, this program explores board governance, marketing and public relations, resource fundraising, volunteer management, and much more. Classes will take place on eight days spread over four months, with Friday classes running from 8:30 am to 2:30 pm, and Saturday classes from 9 am to 4 pm. Class dates are Sept. 26 and 27; Oct. 24 and 25; Nov. 14 and 15; and Dec. 5 and 6.
Note: The BC Centre for Non-Profit Development has allocated funding to cover tuition expense for eligible volunteers, board members or staff members of non-profit organizations. To apply for sponsorship:
- Print and complete a Continuing Education application form,
- Attach a letter outlining why you are interested in taking this program,
- Submit your resume which outlines your volunteer experience,
- Provide 2 letters of reference supporting your application for training sponsorship, and
- Submit your application and supporting documentation to:
North Island College, Comox Valley campus
2300 Ryan Road
Courtenay, BC V9N 8N9
Attention: Karen McComber
Application deadline is Aug. 29. For more information about the course or registration, please contact Continuing Education or call 1-800-715-0914.