The Student Guide has been created by NIC students to help new NIC students get the most out of their educational experience. Browse the subjects to learn about studying at NIC, living on Vancouver Island, and adjusting to life in Canada. If you have further questions, we encourage you to contact the Office of Global Engagement (OGE) at firstname.lastname@example.org.
OGE is located in Room 108, Puntledge Hall, at the Comox Valley campus. The office assists international students with:
- General support,
- Admissions and registration,
- Visa reapplications,
- Medical coverage,
- Off-Campus Work Permit Program,
- Post-Graduation Work Permit Program,
- Prospective and current student and agent inquiries regarding programs, tuition costs, deadlines, etc., and
- Connecting students and those interested in becoming host families with the Accommodations Officer.
“Canada is a great country to study in: very peaceful, welcoming, rich in culture and nature and just amazing! It will be an experience you'll never forget!”
Karina Kudryavtseva created the Student Guide, and was an Intercultural Ambassador during the 2012-2013 academic year. It has been kept up to date by the Office of Global Engagement.