Staying competitive in today's changing marketplace means continually updating skills.
North Island College works with industry and employers to design, develop, and deliver customized training.
Our solutions bring out the best in your people, increasing productivity and on-the job
performance by tailoring both the delivery and content of courses to suit your needs. Training
is offered when, where, how you need it.
Education is our business. Our qualified, professional instructors are selected for their excellence in instruction and experience in their field.
NIC combines applied theory and hands-on skill development leading to NIC certificates and recognized industry credentials.
- Needs identification, evaluations, Return on Investment (ROI), and Skills Transfer
- Customized, cost-effective, and relevant courses designed to increase application and performance
- Accessible and flexible training
Custom Training Programs & Courses
Below are just a few of the programs/courses available:
- Management &Supervision: Leadership and Coaching Skills, Conflict Resolution Project Management: Jump Start
- Essential Skills: Test of Workplace Essential Skills (TOWES) testing
- Industrial: Rigging, Scaffolding, Hydraulics, Overhead Crane Operator, Welding, Cross Connection Control, Ozone Depleting
Substance Control, Carpentry Certificate of Qualification, Forklift Operator
- Occupational Health and Safety: WCB Occupational First Aid Levels 1, 2, & 3, WHMIS, H2S, TDG, WorkSafe
- Tourism & Hospitality: FoodSafe, WorldHost, Cashier Training, Service Excellence, Hospitality & Retail Essentials
Our Clients Include
- Catalyst Paper
- City of Courtenay
- BC Ferries
- BC Hydro
- Marine Harvest Canada
- School District 71
- Homalco First Nation
- Namgis First Nation
- K'ómoks First Nation