Staying competitive in today's changing marketplace means continually updating skills.
North Island College works with industry and employers to design, develop and deliver customized training.
Our solutions bring out the best in your people, increasing productivity and on-the job
performance by tailoring both the delivery and content of courses to suit your needs. Training
is offered when, where, how you need it.
In September 2016, NIC partnered with Tla-o-qui-aht Nation, Nuu-chah-nulth Tribal Council, Camosun College, and Vancouver Island University on an exciting pilot project to convert shipping containers into residential and workforce housing units, within the traditional territories of First Nations people on the West Coast of Vancouver Island. Community members received basic worksite safety and practical, project-specific skills as the first step toward pursuing apprenticeships and Red Seal certification in the construction trades. Watch the video to learn more.
Education is our business. Our qualified, professional instructors are selected for their excellence in instruction and experience in their field.
NIC combines applied theory and hands-on skill development leading to NIC certificates and recognized industry credentials.
- Needs identification, evaluations, Return on Investment (ROI) and Skills Transfer
- Customized, cost-effective, and relevant courses designed to increase application and performance
- Accessible and flexible training
Custom Training Programs & Courses
Below are just a few of the programs/courses available:
- Leadership & Supervision
- Essential Skills: Test of Workplace Essential Skills (TOWES) testing
- Industrial: Rigging, Scaffolding, Hydraulics, Overhead Crane Operator, Welding, Cross Connection Control, Ozone Depleting
Substance Control, Carpentry Certificate of Qualification, Forklift Operator
- Marine Training
- Microsoft Office
- Occupational Health and Safety: WCB Occupational First Aid Levels 1, 2, & 3, WHMIS, H2S, TDG, WorkSafe
- Tourism & Hospitality: FoodSafe, WorldHost, Cashier Training, Service Excellence, Hospitality & Retail Essentials
Our Clients Have Included:
- City of Campbell River
- City of Courtenay
- BC Ferries
- BC Hydro
- Marine Harvest Canada
- Vancouver Island School Districts
- First Nations
- Fire Departments
- Home Hardware