IMPORTANT UPCOMING DATES
- Thursday, March 24 – Into 2022 – 11-11 Sessions welcomes Grant Thornton
- Thursday, March 31 – Artist Talk: Comox Valley Art Gallery
- Tuesday, April 5 – Consent and Sexual Violence Training
- Wednesday, April 6 – Spring Celebration – Comox Valley Campus
- Thursday, April 7 – Spring Celebration – Port Alberni Campus
- Saturday, April 9 – Friday, April 22 - Winter final exams
- Wednesday, April 13 – Spring Celebration – Campbell River Campus
- INTO 2022 – NIC Work-Integrated Learning continues the 11-11 Sessions with Grant Thornton, a leading Canadian accounting and business advisory firm providing audit, tax and advisory services.
- Artist Talk: Comox Valley Art Gallery – Dedicated to presenting and fostering contemporary art by professional artists from the region, the country and beyond.
- Consent and Sexual Violence: Tuesday, April 5th - Preventing & Responding to Sexual Violence Workshops. The Consent & Sexual Violence workshop is presented by NIC. This two-hour workshop is free for all NIC students. This training explores different understandings of consent, including the legal definition. Learners have the opportunity to develop skills related to asking for and giving consent in all relationships as well as discuss strategies for creating a “culture of consent” in campus communities. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information, to register and receive the link.
- Spring Celebration! NIC Leadership Team and NISU are excited to invite students and employees to our SPRING Celebration! Spring is here and it is time to celebrate all the hard work and dedication of our NIC community members. Students and employees in Port Alberni, Comox Valley and Campbell River are invited to join and celebrate! Please join us at:
- Comox Valley Campus (outside Tyee), April 6th, 11:30 am-1:30 pm
- Port Alberni Campus (Roger St cafeteria), April 7th, 11:30 am-1:00 pm
- Campbell River Campus (student commons), April 13th,11:30 am-1:30 pm
Also, share your favourite spring or celebration song for a chance to win prizes! Email your choice to email@example.com.
- FREE Comox Valley Weekly Sports Night. Starting Feb. 10 until April 14 every Thursday from 6-7:15 pm (except on Mar. 24 and 31) at École Au coeur de l'île School Gym -566 Linshart Rd, Comox, NIC students have free access to weekly sports night in Comox Valley. The weekly sports are Indoor Soccer, Basketball, and Volleyball. Players enter through the school's main doors and proceed with a mask on to the gym at the end of the hallway. The coordinator will check for proof of vaccination at the gym entry doors each week. All players are asked to self-screen for COVID symptoms and stay home if there are any. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions. *Weekly Sports Night Update: April 21 would be the make-up date for the missed sports night on March 10th. All other dates/information remains the same.
NIC SUPPORTS & SERVICES
- Library & Learning Commons. Come visit the LLC this semester for a quiet place to work, to access academic supports, or to just sit back and take a break. At the LLC you can:
- Academic Supports at LLC. Reach your goals this semester with help from our outstanding academic supports—available both in-person and online!
- Research Support Learn to build effective search strategies, choose and evaluate resources, cite, and avoid plagiarism.
- Writing Support Work one-on-one with NIC faculty to develop your writing skills and receive feedback on your writing assignments.
- Math Support Spend time working on all levels of math problems with support from NIC math faculty.
- Peer Tutoring Discover new approaches to studying and writing, learning from highly trained NIC peer tutors.
- Student Technical Services Helping students understand and utilize technologies to support their studies.
- Register in a variety of workshops Improve your research, writing, math, and tech skills.
- Emergency Assistance Funds - Sometimes emergencies happen that are outside of a student’s control or the best advance planning. NIC may be able to assist with financial support in the form of a bursary to help with emergencies. This funding does not need to be paid back and may be available to assist with books, transportation, childcare, supplies, groceries, and other essentials. Contact a financial aid advisor to find out more. Book online here.
IN OUR COMMUNITIES
- NIC Spring Soccer Team - Dust off your cleats and stretch your quads - the NIC Spring Soccer Team needs you!
We’ve registered a NIC team for the Comox Valley Sports and Social Club Spring outdoor soccer season. Games are on Thursday evenings (between 6-9 pm) at either Queeneesh Elementary, Highland Secondary or Vanier starting April 14th and ending in June. Games are 6 v 6. The deadline to join the team roster is Friday, March 25. If you are interested in playing or have any questions, please contact Danielle at email@example.com.
Healthy Study Snacks https://snacknation.com/blog/healthy-study-snacks/
“The best way to predict your future is to create it.” – Abraham Lincoln
If there is information you'd like to see included in upcoming communications, or would like to share, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Wishing you a wonderful week.
Student Life Team
If you wish to respond or have any questions, please click here.