Monday, May 9 - Continuing student registration opens (continuing students should register prior to new student registration, which opens on May 24)
Tuesday, May 17 - Campbell River Blood Donor Clinic
Thursday, May 19 - Global Accessibility Awareness Day
Monday, May 23 - NIC closed for Victoria Day
Tuesday, May 24 - New student registration opens
EVENTS & INITIATIVES
- NIC launches the CARE² Plan to support student mental health and well-being at NIC. CARE stands for:
Click here to find out more about NIC’s CARE² Plan and our commitment to student mental health and well-being.
- May 17: Campbell River Blood Donor Clinic. Join NIC’s Canadian Blood Services Donor Team! Did you know that every 60 seconds, someone in Canada needs blood? By becoming a blood donor, you can help patients and their loved ones across Canada. We invite you to find out if you are eligible to donate and join the NIC team by visiting blood.ca or by downloading the Canada Blood Services app. NIC’s Team name is North Island College or NORT368728. Join now and book your appointment at an upcoming donation event!
- May 19: Global Accessibility Awareness Day. The purpose of GAAD is to get everyone talking, thinking, and learning about digital access and inclusion for the more than one billion people with disabilities and impairments worldwide. It is marked annually on the third Thursday of May. Think of how you can make a difference for a person with a disability.
- The NIC Youth Academy is seeking enthusiastic individuals who enjoy working with youth! Join the team as a Day Camp Leader, Day Camp Assistant, or Program Assistant for work this summer. The positions available last 1-14 weeks, and are 35 hours per week. The pay is $18-25 per hour. Email: email@example.com or go to their webpage at Youth Academy Summer Camps.
- NIC Student Employment Services has over 100 jobs listed for NIC students through CareerCentral. You can also find out about upcoming workshops and events. Click here to log in and find out about opportunities in your area.
NIC SUPPORTS & SERVICES
- Your local NIC Library and Learning Commons offer free Academic Support. Reach your goals this semester with support available both in-person and online! Click on the links below to learn more:
Student Services includes these departments that are here to assist you:
- Registration Enrollment Services Representatives are here to assist you with registering, dropping, or auditing classes and making payments. Please note that Fall registration opened on May 9 for continuing students and new students can register on May 24.
- NIC Counselling Mental Health Counselling is available to all NIC students and appointments are offered via video or phone call. You can book a counselling appointment here.
- Emergency Assistance Funds Sometimes emergencies happen that are outside of a student’s control or the best planning. NIC may be able to assist with financial support in the form of a bursary to help with emergencies. This funding does not need to be paid back and may be available to assist with books, transportation, childcare, supplies, groceries, and other essentials. Contact a Financial Aid Advisor to find out more. Book online here.
GRATEFUL & THANKFUL
- Has a NIC instructor or staff member made a difference in your life as a student? Perhaps someone’s expertise, support, or kindness contributed to your success or just made you smile. If you would like to recognize a NIC instructor or staff member, please fill out our recognition form. We will send the nominee an anonymous thank you on your behalf including your comment(s).
Looking for some good news to read about? Check out this link for some inspiring stories.
"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful, and optimistic. And we'll change the world." - Jack Layton
If there is information you’d like to see included in upcoming communications, or would like to share, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Student Life Team
If you wish to respond or have any questions, please click here.