Through all our work at North Island College, our primary focus is student success, which is reflected in the Mission and Vision of the college.
By 2026, NIC will deliver BC’s best individualized education and training experience.
Working together, NIC builds healthy and thriving communities, one student at a time.
Commitments and Actions
Our vision, while ambitious, will be realized when we turn our commitments into action.
Build 2026 includes 26 commitments and nine action statements centred on four key areas: Engaging People, Supporting Students, Strengthening the College, and Serving Communities
Health and Well-being - Workplace Excellence - Employee Engagement and Collaboration
- We will recruit, encourage, develop and retain a supportive, inclusive and diverse community of employees.
Student Well-being - Student Support and Persistence - Program Entry - Learning and Services
Pathways to Learning - Indigenous-led Education - Community Connected Learning - Flexible Learning
Global Learning - Program Response and Renewal
- We will embed caring learning services that support students in their studies.
- We will increase the many ways students can access education and training at NIC.
- We will examine and renew our programs, the types of credentials we offer, and the needs of the unique communities we serve.
Strengthening the College
Brand and Identity - Integrated Enrolment - Teaching and Learning - Fiscal Sustainability
Information Technology - Campuses and Centres - Reconciliation - Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Transparency and Accountability - Enrolment Planning
- We will raise awareness about the quality and diversity of learning at NIC.
- We will develop diverse, inclusive, and accountable processes that support college employees and provide new opportunities to contribute.
Climate & Sustainability - Community Engagement - Social and Economic Development of the Region
- We will implement practices that acknowledge the cultural significance of the traditional lands on which we are gathered and sustain the planet for future generations.
- We will serve the social and economic development needs of the people and region.