There are multiple ways to pay your tuition at NIC. Tuition and fees must be paid by the due dates outlined in NIC’s academic deadlines.
Credit card payments can be made by accessing your myNIC account:
Log in to myNIC
Click on the myNIC link on the NIC homepage.
Click the Login button
On the log-in screen, enter your 7-digit student ID number with lower case ‘n’ and your password
Once you’re in myNIC, look under the Self-Service Menu for the ‘Students’ drop-down menu.
Select ‘Financial Information’
Click on View Account and Make Payments
Watch a step-by-step video on how to pay online
You can set up “North Island College” as a payee at your financial institution. Your account number is your seven-digit student ID number, without the 'n' (ex: if your student number is n1234567, your account number is 1234567). Note that it can take up to three business days for these payments to be processed.
NIC is accepting in person payments by appointment only. Please call 1-800-715-0914. Note: cash payments are limited to $1,200.
Student Loans, Grants or Sponsorships
Paying with student loans, grants or sponsorships depends on the individual circumstance. The most common scenarios are listed below. Contact a Financial Aid Advisor if you have questions.
If you have been approved for full-time government student loan/grant funding, you will be responsible to pay your fees upon receiving your funds. Some exceptions apply for cost recovery limited entry programs like Adventure Guiding and Pro-Photo. Tuition will be paid directly to the college from your loan in the case of these programs.
- If you have been approved for full-time government student loan/grant funding, you will be responsible to pay your fees upon receiving your funds.
- If you have been approved for part-time government student loan/grant funding, your tuition will be paid directly to the College.
- If funds that you are receiving are less than the required tuition amount, you are required to pay the outstanding amount by the fee deadline date.
- If you have been approved for sponsorship by an external agency, it is your responsibility to ensure that the College has received the sponsorship approval.
- If the sponsorship you are receiving is less than the required tuition amount, you will need to pay the outstanding amount by the fee deadline date.
International students have several payment options, including PayMyTuition. See How to Pay for more information.
Note: a student may be denied admission, registration, grades, official transcripts or credentials until outstanding debts to the college have been paid. If you have any questions, contact Student Services at 1-800-715-0914.