Get More Involved with NIC
SES staff strive to build mutually beneficial relationships while providing a central
resource and information centre for students, staff and employers. As an employer,
you're welcome to use our facilities to search for qualified employees.
Through the SES, you can:
- Inquire about specialized recruiting options
- Participate in career fairs, networking events and NIC's new Employer Panel Discussions
- Increase your profile by participating in campus events, volunteering as a guest
speaker for one of our workshops, or becoming an Employer of Choice
- Rent a room on campus for interviewing purposes
- Connect directly with faculty and students from specific departments, allowing you
to market to graduates with the skills and training you need.
- Connect with an SES advisor for help finding grants and funding options, from agencies
such as Service Canada. Other funding options can be investigated depending on your
The SES also invites employers to participate in employment-related events on campus
throughout the year. For instance, employers can get involved in program-specific
functions, college-wide employer panels, marketing to our grads, and mock interviews.
Certainly, if you would like access to our students or hold an event on campus we
would be happy to facilitate your request wherever possible.
Hire a Student
NIC’s Student Employment Services supports and guides students through what, for
many, is the most rewarding goal of their education: getting a great job. Connect
with the staff and students at North Island College to discover the advantage of
hiring trained, eager and knowledgeable students.
Post a Job
The NIC Job Board is available to all employers, whether they're looking for the
right employee to lead their next project or to help out in the busy months. Postings
can be casual, part-time, temporary, full-time, career positions, voluntary or a
To post a job, click here to complete the requested information and submit.
Co-operative Education gives employers, like you, a chance to enhance their public
image, recruit new employees that are flexible, highly knowledgeable, and skilled
in the areas of Business Administration, Hospitality Management and Adventure Tourism.
For a full list of benefits, obligations, and opportunities for employers see the
employer section of our Co-operative
If you would like to post a job for Co-operative Education students please send
a PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org
OR complete and submit the attached form
to the same email address.
Job postings will be added to a secure environment for our Co-operative Education
For more information on Co-op opportunities for employers, please see our
Employer of Choice
North Island College invites you to be featured on our Student Employment Services
website as an
Employer of Choice in our community. This is an opportunity to market your
company to our students and form valuable connections with our graduates. Simply
complete the information below and email it with a picture and/or company logo to
Please provide the following:
- Company name and contact information
- Tell us about your company – what makes it unique and a great place to work?
- What are the future needs of your company and when is a good time to apply?
- What do you look for in an employee?
- How do you add value to our community?
- What makes your workplace ‘youth friendly’?
- Additional comments you would like students to know
The Student Employment Services is interested in hearing what you have to say.
Please feel free to email the Employment Service Advisor at
email@example.com with your comments, suggestions, and requests.
Tell us your experience with hiring NIC students or offer insights into our program
offerings and curriculum. If you are interested in being a part of a Co-operative
Education Advisory Council, we would love to hear from you.