You can be better prepared for a real earthquake, by following these steps:
- DROP to the ground (before the earthquake drops you!)
- COVER your head and neck with your arms and seek shelter by getting under a sturdy desk or table if nearby; and
- HOLD ON to your shelter and be prepared to move with it until the shaking stops.
No desk or unable to drop and cover?
- Cover your face and head with your arms and make yourself as small as possible in an inside corner of the building.
- Do not go to another room just to get under a table.
- Do not go outside.
- Do not get in a doorway.
Here are some quick instructional videos on how to DROP, COVER and HOLD ON!
If you are teaching a class, please instruct your students to do the same. In a real earthquake, you will not have any notice!
Many thanks for your participation.