IMPORTANT UPCOMING DATES
Wednesday, May 11 – Last day to register, apply for refund, change from credit to audit for 13-week Spring term
Thursday, May 12 – Moose Hide Campaign Day
Monday, May 23 – NIC Closed for Victoria Day
- CMHA Mental Health Week– May 2-8 - With 330 community locations, CMHA is a nationwide organization that promotes mental health and supports people recovering from mental illness. Looking after our mental health and well-being is important every day, but we are pleased to join the CMHA from May 2-8th in promoting the importance of well-being, reducing the stigma often associated with mental illness, and promoting the many supports available. Check out the Canadian Mental Health Association (CMHA) Mental Health Week for more information.
- Moose Hide Campaign Day – May 12 - is a day of ceremony. It’s a day where all Canadians are called to join together to take a stand against violence towards women and children and to take practical steps for our collective journey of reconciliation. What started 11 years ago with a small gathering of men and boys intent on raising awareness of the crisis of violence against Indigenous women and children, has now become a national ceremony inviting all Canadians to join together to end violence against all women and children. For more information go to Moose Hide Campaign Day.
- NIC Youth Academy is seeking enthusiastic individuals who enjoy working with youth! Join our team as a day camp leader, day camp assistant, or program assistant for summer 2022. The positions available are anywhere from 1-14 weeks in length. All positions are 35 hours per week and pay between $18-25 per hour. The application period is open until all positions are filled. Contact email@example.com for more information about the available positions. Learn more at Youth Academy Summer Camps.
NIC SUPPORTS & SERVICES
- Academic Supports at LLC. Reach your goals this semester with help from our outstanding academic supports—available both in-person and online!
- Research Support Learn to build effective search strategies, choose and evaluate resources, cite, and avoid plagiarism.
- Writing Support Work one-on-one with NIC faculty to develop your writing skills and receive feedback on your writing assignments.
- Math Support Spend time working on all levels of math problems with support from NIC math faculty.
- Peer Tutoring Discover new approaches to studying and writing, learning from highly trained NIC peer tutors.
- Student Technical Services Helping students understand and utilize technologies to support their studies.
- Register in a variety of workshops Improve your research, writing, math, and tech skills.
- NIC Counselling. Mental Health Counselling is available to all NIC students and appointments are offered via video or phone call. You can book your counselling appointment online here.
- Library & Learning Commons. Come visit the LLC this semester for a quiet place to work, to access academic supports, or to just sit back and take a break. At the LLC you can:
- Emergency Assistance Funds Sometimes emergencies happen that are outside of a student’s control or the best advance planning. NIC may be able to assist with financial support in the form of a bursary to help with emergencies. This funding does not need to be paid back and may be available to assist with books, transportation, childcare, supplies, groceries, and other essentials. Contact a financial aid advisor to find out more. Book online here.
GRATEFUL & THANKFUL
- Has an NIC instructor or staff member made a difference in your life as a student? Perhaps someone’s expertise, support or kindness has made all the difference to your success, or maybe just made you smile. If you would like to recognize the contribution of an instructor or staff member, fill out our recognition form. We will send the nominee a thank you on your behalf including your comment(s). Please note – you will remain anonymous.
Check out this site for Vancouver Island Trails: https://www.alltrails.com/explore/list/vancouver-island-trails
“Spring adds new life and new beauty to all that is.” - Jessica Harrelson
If there is information you’d like to see included in upcoming communications, or would like to share, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Student Life Team
If you wish to respond or have any questions, please click here.