The Career Services and Work-Integrated Learning team is about connecting you with opportunities throughout the year. That means in-person career fairs, live and virtual hiring events, chances for one-on-one mentorship and a mix of networking functions where you can make contact with local and regional employers who want to work with you.
Participating in mock interviews, meeting employers and attending networking events such as NIC’s career fair is confidence boosting. It connects me to my future and reinforces my goals.
Services for Students
Students can book appointments with an NIC career coach to get help with:
- Resume and cover letter writing and editing
- LinkedIn profile customization
- Interview preparation
- Job application support
- Help finding internships and co-ops
- Connecting with employers
CareerCentral: Find a Job
CareerCentral is an excellent hub for NIC students and alumni who are pursuing work during or after their studies.
- A job board exclusively for NIC students, with postings from employers seeking NIC talent.
- Access to an online work-integrated learning digital platform
- One-on-one career advice with a North Island College career coach
- Preparation for job interviews
Get in Touch
Book a one-on-one meeting via CareerCentral or get in touch with us using the information below:
Comox Valley campus
Discovery Hall, Room 115
1-800-715-0914 ext. 5076 (toll-free in Canada), or call directly at 250-334-5076