Sample Study Plan
Educational Advisors are here to answer all your questions about programs, provide information about funding options, and help you create an educational plan based on your specific needs and interests. Choose from the following courses to transfer to Year 3 of VIU’s Bachelor of Education degree:
•One of ENG-115, ENG-116 or ENG-117
• One of ENG-120, ENG-121, ENG-122, ENG-125 or ENG-126
• 3 credits of Canadian studies. Canadian history or politics are recommended (HIS-111, HIS-112 or POL-151)
• 3 credits of 100-level math. Math for Elementary Education 1 and II (MAT-162 and MAT-163) are recommended when available.
• 3 credits of transferrable 100-level science. This may include biology, chemistry, geography, physics or space science and astronomy.
• up to 36 credits of transferable 100 and/or 200-level courses. Choose from anthropology, biology, business, chemistry, criminology, economics, English, fine arts, French, geography, history, mathematics, philosophy, physics, political science, psychology, sociology, space science and astronomy, Spanish and women's studies.
Important: Post-secondary transfer agreements and degree requirements change frequently. Before registering for courses, check the BC Transfer Guide and meet with one of NIC's educational advisor to confirm your study plan.