IMPORTANT UPCOMING DATES
Monday, April 25 – Orientation - Supports for Success
Tuesday, April 26 – Orientation - Navigating NIC’s Digital Learning Platforms
Tuesday, April 26 – Financial Aid Workshop
Wednesday, April 27 – Orientation - Virtual Peer Drop-in Session
Wednesday, April 27 – NIC Foundation Awards - Application Deadline
Thursday, April 28 – Orientation - Welcome to NIC & the North Island Students’ Union
Friday, April 29 – Deadline to Register for Graduation Ceremony
- Spring Orientation - Our orientation includes live virtual sessions, pre-recorded videos and in-person events. Live Virtual Sessions below. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to register.
- Monday, April 25, 12-1 pm PT - Supports for Success
Learn about all the personal and academic supports available to you as an NIC student, including Counselling, Library & Learning Commons, Department of Accessible Learning Services, Financial Aid, Advising and more!
- Tuesday, April 26, 12-1 pm PT - Navigating NIC’s Digital Learning Platforms
Learn how to access and navigate various learning platforms including myNIC, NIC email, Blackboard and more!
- Wednesday, April 27, 4-5:30 pm PT – Virtual Peer Drop-in Session
Learn tips and tricks from fellow NIC students. Our student Campus Life Assistants will lead this session, which will be a great opportunity to meet other NIC students!
- Thursday, April 28, 12-1:30 pm – NIC & the North Island Students’ Union
Join us for a fun and engaging session to welcome you to the NIC community and the North Island Students’ Union. At this session, you will have an opportunity to meet other students, receive a brief recap on important information previously shared in our Let’s ConNICt Orientation, learn about NISU and health & dental plans, get a shot at winning fabulous prizes, and more!
- Financial Aid Workshop – Join us for a one-hour session on April 26 to talk about funding sources and how to access them. If you have questions about the workshop, please contact email@example.com.
- NIC Foundation Awards – Through the generosity of donors in our community, the North Island College Foundation can offer hundreds of financial awards each year to new and continuing NIC students. Applications are open until April 27.
- Graduation – Apply to Graduate. Click on the link for important details.
- NIC Youth Academy is seeking enthusiastic individuals who enjoy working with youth! Join our team as a day camp leader, day camp assistant, or program assistant for summer 2022. The positions available are anywhere from 1-14 weeks in length. All positions are 35 hours per week and pay between $18 and $25 per hour. The application period is open until all positions are filled. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about the available positions. Learn more about Youth Academy summer camps at nic.bc.ca/youth-academy.
NIC SUPPORTS & SERVICES
- Academic Supports at LLC. Reach your goals this semester with help from our outstanding academic supports—available both in-person and online!
- Research Support Learn to build effective search strategies, choose and evaluate resources, cite, and avoid plagiarism.
- Writing Support Work one-on-one with NIC faculty to develop your writing skills and receive feedback on your writing assignments.
- Math Support Spend time working on all levels of math problems with support from NIC math faculty.
- Peer Tutoring Discover new approaches to studying and writing, learning from highly trained NIC peer tutors.
- Student Technical Services Helping students understand and utilize technologies to support their studies.
- Register in a variety of workshops Improve your research, writing, math, and tech skills.
- NIC Counselling. Mental Health Counselling is available to all NIC students and appointments are offered via video or phone call. You can book your counselling appointment online here.
- Library & Learning Commons. Come visit the LLC this semester for a quiet place to work, to access academic supports, or to just sit back and take a break. At the LLC you can:
- Emergency Assistance Funds Sometimes emergencies happen that are outside of a student’s control or the best planning. NIC may be able to assist with financial support in the form of a bursary to help with emergencies. This funding does not need to be paid back and may be available to assist with books, transportation, childcare, supplies, groceries, and other essentials. Contact a financial aid advisor to find out more. Book online here.
GRATEFUL & THANKFUL
- Has an NIC instructor or staff member made a difference in your life as a student? Perhaps someone’s expertise, support or kindness has made all the difference to your success, or maybe just made you smile. If you would like to recognize the contribution of an instructor or staff member, fill out our recognition form. We will send the nominee a thank you on your behalf including your comment(s). Please note that you will remain anonymous.
Dr. Maya Angelou’s 3-Word Secret to Living Your Best Life: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sr6LMr-rXEc
If there is information you’d like to see included in upcoming communications, or would like to share, please let us know at email@example.com.
Student Life Team
If you wish to respond or have any questions, please click here.