Thank you for your interest. CVEC is a totally volunteer-managed organization and as such our valued volunteers are essential to the continued success of CVEC.
We invite you to review the information below regarding our committee structure and teaching opportunities to see what might interest you:
- CVEC Executive – provides overall leadership for CVEC
- Communications – produces all CVEC publications, web page content, advertisements and communications with the public and general membership
- Curriculum – oversees the planning of all course offerings and the Lecture Series for fall and winter semesters
- Member Support - looks after interests of members including registration and hosting services at lectures and other events.
- Operations Support – maintains administrative policy manual
- Volunteer Support – recruits and orients new volunteers; plans recognition activities for all volunteers.
- Course Leaders- often teach their passion, not their past career. This is a volunteer, unpaid teaching opportunity. The course offered should not promote business or political information. Our courses range in length from 1.5 hours a week to 3 hours over 8 weeks.
To help us see how your interests and abilities can be matched with CVEC needs, we invite you to provide the following information about yourself and your background. Please be assured that we respect the confidentiality of your information. It will only be shared as necessary with CVEC Committee Chairs or Co-chairs, OR others in leadership roles to determine suitable referrals. Your completion and return of this form tells us that you agree to this sharing of information.
My reasons for wanting to become a CVEC volunteer are *:
My previous relevant experience and skills are *:
If you are interested in committee work, in which committees are you most interested? Please list in order of preference *:
If you are interested in being a course leader, please complete the following:
Proposed topic of course:
Brief descripton of content: