COVID-19 - Campus Safety Resources & Information
We look forward to welcoming you to campus for the upcoming term. In response to COVID-19, NIC follows the guidance from the Provincial Health Officer, the BC Centre for Disease Control and our Communicable Disease Plan.
This page will be updated, on an as-needed basis, throughout the academic year.
On November 17, 2022, the BCCDC updated its guidelines on self-isolation for COVID-19. Please visit the BCCDC site and ensure you are following the up-to-date guidelines.
If you feel unwell
- Stay home
- Students, please inform your instructor of your absence
- Employees, please inform your supervisor of your absence
- Take the COVID-19 Self-Assessment test and follow the guidance provided by the BC Centre for Disease Control
Masks & Rapid Test Kits
Masks are optional in all indoor spaces. We ask everyone to be respectful of each other's individual’s choices and comfort level when it comes to mask wearing and physical distancing. Rapid test kits and masks are available for student and employee pick up at Student Services offices at each campus, while supplies last.
- Flu shots can be arranged through Island Health
- COVID-19 vaccines can be booked through the BCCDC
Support & Resources
The Employee and Family Assistance Program is available to employees. Students can access supports or reach out to email@example.com.