Connect with students like you! Learn from students just like you!
What is Peer Connections?
A new collaboration between OGE and Student Life dedicated to connect new students with current students at NIC.
New students will be paired, in “bubbles”, with current students at NIC that will help them find answers to questions about settling in the region, about accommodation, transportation, food, shopping areas, as well as questions about getting ready for the academic journey at NIC, campuses, services available and access to these services and supports, access to online classes, booking services, etc.
Anything that one can find an answer by asking a friend.
How can Peer Connectors help?
They will be there to:
- Be a friendly face to answer your questions and someone to talk to when you need
- Assist you to find services and supports at the college
- Provide support and practical advice in a timely fashion
- Connect you to a social support system that is reflective and inclusive of your age, culture and purpose of being a student NIC
- Facilitate a sense of social belonging to NIC community
- Assist you to gain confidence and self-awareness by sharing experiences of being a student at NIC
How does Peer Connector program work?
Meet virtually with your buddies, mix, exchange ideas, socialize with other new students and get support and information about life and academic aspects of your study area from experienced students in a fun, friendly and informal session.
Peer Connectors, second year students at NIC, will be paired with new students, in bubbles, to act as guides in their transition to post-secondary life.
Each “bubble” will consist of one Peer Connector guiding around 15 -20 new students.
The Peer Connector connects once a week with each member of the “bubble” and, once a months, engage the “bubble” in a group activity.
How do I become a Peer Connector?
Are you a second-year student at NIC interested to support new students in their transition to college life and adjusting to their new environment in Canada?
Contact us to become a Peer Connector:
How do I get connected with a Peer Connector?
Are you a new student at NIC?
You can be paired with a Peer Connector to benefit from their support as you transition and adjust to your new life in Canada.
Contact us to connect with a Peer Connector: