IMPORTANT UPCOMING DATES
Saturday, April 9 – Friday, April 22 - Winter final exams
Wednesday, April 13 – Spring Celebration – Campbell River Campus
Thursday, April 14 – INTO 2022 – 11-11 Sessions welcomes Talent MATCH
Friday, April 15 – Good Friday: College Closed
Monday, April 18 – Easter Monday: College Closed
Tuesday, April 19 – Access to Practical Nursing Pathway Information Session
Thursday, April 21 – Truth and Reconciliation Dialogue: Healing Practices & Pedagogy
Wednesday, April 27 – NIC Foundation Awards -Application Deadline
Friday, April 29 – Deadline to Register for Graduation Ceremony
- Spring Celebration! NIC Leadership Team and NISU are excited to invite students and employees to our SPRING Celebration! Please join us at the Campbell River campus Student Commons on April 13 from 11:30 am to 1:30 pm. Also, share your favourite spring or celebration song for a chance to win prizes! Email your choice to email@example.com.
- INTO 2022 – 11-11 Sessions welcomes Talent MATCH - Sessions continue with a new employer-focused event with Debby Reis, project manager for Talent MATCH — an initiative aimed at connecting museums as well arts, and tourism, culture, and hospitality organizations with students seeking work terms.
- Need Money for College? NIC Foundation Awards Application is open now. Speak with Jenni Osborne, NIC Foundation’s Awards Officer, to learn more about how one, easy, online application can represent thousands of dollars in financial support – and you don’t have to pay it back! Join the session on April 12 from 12-1 pm to learn more. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to register.
- Truth and Reconciliation Dialogue: Healing Practices and Pedagogy - Members of the NIC community are invited to a monthly 90-minute Dialogue through which we will find pathways to action.
- Graduation – Apply to Graduate. Click on the link for important details. The deadline to register is April 29, 2022.
- Join NIC’s Canadian Blood Services Donor Team: Did you know that every 60 seconds, someone in Canada needs blood? By becoming a blood donor, you could be helping a child being treated for cancer, a mother who has just given birth, or a brother about to have heart surgery. Every donation you make matters. It matters to every patient and their loved ones across Canada. NIC is proud to partner with Canada Blood Services. We invite you to join the NIC Team and donate at upcoming clinics.
You can find out if you are eligible to donate and join the NIC team by visiting www.blood.ca or downloading the Canada Blood Services app – NIC’s Team name is North Island College or NORT368728. Join now and book your appointment at an upcoming donation event!
- NIC Youth Academy is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join our team as a day camp leader, day camp assistant or program assistant for our summer 2022 programs. The positions available are anywhere from 1-14 weeks in length. All positions are 35 hours per week and pay between $18 and 25 per hour. The application period is open until all positions are filled. Contact email@example.com for more information about the available positions. Learn more about Youth Academy summer camps at www.nic.bc.ca/youth-academy.
- FREE Comox Valley Weekly Sports Night. Starting Feb.10 until Apr. 21 every Thursday, 6-7:15 pm (except on Mar. 24 and 31) at École Au coeur de l'île School Gym -566 Linshart Rd, Comox, NIC students have free access to weekly sports night in Comox Valley. The weekly sports are Indoor Soccer, Basketball, and Volleyball. Players enter through the school's main doors and proceed with a mask to the gym at the end of the hallway. The coordinator will check for proof of vaccination at the gym entry doors each week. All players are asked to self-screen for COVID symptoms and stay home if there are any. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions.
NIC SUPPORTS & SERVICES
- Academic Supports at LLC. Reach your goals this semester with help from our outstanding academic supports — available both in-person and online!
- Research Support Learn to build effective search strategies, choose and evaluate resources, cite, and avoid plagiarism.
- Writing Support Work one-on-one with NIC faculty to develop your writing skills and receive feedback on your writing assignments.
- Math Support Spend time working on all levels of math problems with support from NIC math faculty.
- Peer Tutoring Discover new approaches to studying and writing, learning from highly trained NIC peer tutors.
- Student Technical Services Helping students understand and utilize technologies to support their studies.
- Register in a variety of workshops Improve your research, writing, math, and tech skills.
- NIC Counselling. Mental Health Counselling is available to all NIC students and appointments are offered via video or phone call. You can book your counselling appointment online here.
- On-campus Study Spaces Winter 2022. Need a place to study, work on projects or connect to a digital class this winter? NIC has study spaces available on campus. Learn more about the times and locations of these drop-in spaces at: https://www.nic.bc.ca/about-us/nic-news/news/on-campus-study-spaces/.
- Library & Learning Commons. Come visit the LLC this semester for a quiet place to work, to access academic supports, or to just sit back and take a break. At the LLC you can:
- Emergency Assistance Funds Sometimes emergencies happen that are outside of a student’s control or the best planning. NIC may be able to assist with financial support in the form of a bursary to help with emergencies. This funding does not need to be paid back and may be available to assist with books, transportation, childcare, supplies, groceries, and other essentials. Contact a financial aid advisor to find out more. Book online here.
World Art Day – April 15
“Art is a way of survival” -Yoko Ono
“We don’t make mistakes, just happy little accidents” – Bob Ross
If there is information you’d like to see included in upcoming communications, or would like to share, please let us know at email@example.com.
All the best,
Student Life Team
If you wish to respond or have any questions, please click here.