Youth Train in Trades is an Industry Training Authority approved youth program which allows students to earn high school graduation credits,
foundation trades (pre-apprentice) credentials and workplace hours required for trade certification while still in high school. That means learning from experts while gaining high school graduation credits.
I would highly recommend high school students look at Youth Train in Trades. It's an awesome opportunity to explore your interests and earn college credit while you're finishing high school.
Youth Train in Trades programs include:
Interested in earning academic college credit while still in high school, check out Dual Credit.
Apply now in five easy steps:
1. Meet with your District Careers Program Coordinator/High School Counsellor in Grade 10 or Grade 11 to discuss your interest in dual credit courses or programs.
2. Meet with a NIC student recruiter advisor at your high school or through an appointment to explore course and program options.
3. Complete the Youth Train in Trades application form. Note: the Youth Train in Trades - additional instructions and resources are not required for your submission to NIC; they are optional extra resources.
Your school counsellor will assist you with completing the application, and will help you gather signatures from your parents and all relevant school district personnel.
4. Submit your completed application package to email@example.com.
5. You will be given a NIC student number and NIC email from Admissions. Please check your NIC email for further communication from NIC.
Questions? Contact NIC's Student Recruiter at firstname.lastname@example.org.