NIC's DIGITAL Design + Development department is offering three courses that will significantly boost your career or business in less than a year by studying only 6 hours per week!
- Discover various ways of producing engaging graphics for use in web and print.
- Learn how to create and manage a WordPress website from scratch.
- Master social media strategy while learning the industry’s most popular platforms and tools.
You can study from home or on campus and start with only one course or complete all three.
Apply now to start in September 2021 or January 2022. Contact email@example.com for any enquiries.
DGL 105 Digital Graphics
In this course students will develop skills in creating effective digital assets for print, social media, websites and apps. Using industry standard software and tools, students will explore key concepts in the design, production and presentation of graphics for print and web.
DGL 221 Intro to Social Media
This introductory course will present current platforms, tools and technologies that are used in social media. It will look at communications models, strategies, monitoring, metrics and governance, and the social and cultural significance of social media. This course aims to provide students with the knowledge and skills to effectively explore the opportunities and challenges associated with the use of social media.
DGL 223 WordPress Development
This project-based course explores the fundamentals of planning, designing, and building dynamic, database-driven websites using the WordPress content management system. Students will apply the UX design process to their workflow to create useful, usable and desirable websites.
Admission requirement of C in English 12 or equivalent for all three courses.
How to apply
- Go to https://apply.educationplannerbc.ca/nic
- Choose which term you would like to start studying - Fall 2021 (September -December) or Winter 2022 (January to April)
- If you have applied to NIC before, apply as a "returning applicant". If this is your first application with NIC, apply as a "new applicant". Note that new applicants pay a $25 application fee.
- Select "University Studies" as your subject area
- Select "University Studies" as your program area
- Submit official transcript (courses require that you have completed English 12 C or equivalent)
- Pay registration deposit
- Register for your courses!
Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Book advising appointment online