This Transport Canada Marine Industry training, starting July 13, will get individuals working as deckhands, operating crew boats, tourism-related vessels or aquaculture and more!
Three of these courses can be applied toward the Master Limited, Less than 60-ton certification which will be offered this fall.
The 20-day training is funded by the Government of Canada through the Canada-BC Workforce Development Agreement. It is comprised of the following industry certifications for marine-regulated occupations:
• Marine Basic First Aid*
• SVOP — Small Vessel Operator Proficiency
• WHMIS — Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System
• Job Ready — Research potential employment, Resume prep & distribution
• ROC-MC* — Restricted Operator Certificate-Maritime Commercial
• DVS* — Domestic Vessel Safety
Enhanced*: Transport Canada regulated courses can be applied towards higher level certifications such as Master Limited, Less than 60-ton.
Participants must be:
• At least 16 years old
• Residing in B.C.
• Have a Social Insurance Number (SIN) – Permanent Residents of Canada
• Unemployed, or part-time, seasonally, casually, or precariously employed
The program begins July 13 and will complete August 10. Classes run full-time, Monday to Friday.
As this is a Campbell River & District Chamber of Commerce contract training, please email email@example.com or call 250-287-4636 to register.