Many of you offer this kind of help already to your fellow students, but this program provides formal training, workshop retreats, a letter of reference, certification and will provide you with resume-boosting formal experience.
- Time Commitment: 30-minute interview (all applicants will be interviewed). Successful applicants will be required to participate in a one-day training seminar, help with new student orientation (April 25 to 27, 2018), mentor their assigned students one-on-one and organize student group socials through the semester.
Deadline for Applications: April 13, 2018. Limited positions available.
The ideal peer mentor candidate will be able to give:
- Time. Up to four hours/week.
- Enthusiasm. A love for people and an ability to encourage new students positively with information to help them succeed.
- Open-mindedness. Non-judgmental, ability to see that people from different cultures should share and exchange culture in order to grow personally.
- Support. Up to five students per semester.
To apply, please complete the application and send to Nadine.Biggs@nic.bc.ca.