Starting this November, students can enrol in a trio of courses aimed at helping them prepare for employment in this industry.
ABT-020 Online Learner Success is a pre-requisite course that prepares students for NIC’s online Office Administration programs and courses.
After successfully completing ABT-020, students can then take ABT-182 Medical Terminology I and ABT-183 Medical Terminology II, each aimed at providing students with introductory medical terminology knowledge for clerical roles in the health sector.
“These courses are a great first step towards getting prepared for clerical positions in the health care industry,” said Department Chair Richelle Gardiner-Hynds. “If you already have office experience, these courses are then a great way to add to your existing office qualifications.”
The course schedule is as follows:
- ABT-020 Online Learner Success – Nov. 12, 2019 – Nov. 22, 2019
- ABT-182 Medical Terminology I – Nov. 25, 2019 – Jan. 10, 2020
- ABT-183 Medical Terminology II – Jan. 13, 2020 – April 24, 2020
- ABT-020 Online Learner Success — Feb. 3, 2020 – Feb. 14, 2020
- ABT-182 Medical Terminology I – Feb. 17, 2020 - March 27, 2020
Applications and registrations for the online Medical Terminology courses are now available for November 2019 and February 2020 starts. Book an appointment with an educational advisor today https://www.nic.bc.ca/student-services/advising/educational-advisors/ or call 1-800-715-0914 for more information.