These sessions are facilitated by Sofie Tirez and Céline Vandendaele visiting NIC from Belgium. They are completing a traineeship for their MA in Education and offer a unique perspective, as they are both students and teachers in training.
This workshop comes in two parts. Participants may sign up for one or both sessions. It is not necessary to attend part 1 to attend part 2.
Workshop Part 1: This 45-minute workshop is all about student perspectives on working in teams. We will cover themes such as ways of conveying to students the importance of being able to work effectively in groups, diverse student perspectives on group work, along with student perspectives on factors that may help or obstruct working well together. Participants will be encouraged to share their experiences of and best practices for facilitating group work and receive feedback from a student perspective on these approaches.
Workshop Part 2: Builds on the knowledge and best practices shared in Workshop 1.
If you are interested in signing up for one or more of these workshops, please email Margaret Hearnden (Margaret.Hearnden@nic.bc.ca).
Workshop Part 1
- Tuesday, March 22, 11:45am - 12:45pm (registration deadline, Monday, March 21)
- Tuesday, March 29, 3:30 - 4:30pm (registration deadline, Monday, March 28)
- Tuesday, April 5, 11:45am - 12:45pm (registration deadline, Monday, April 4)
Workshop Part 2
- Friday, March 25, 11:45am - 12:45pm (registration deadline, Thursday, March 24)
- Friday, April 1, 11:45am - 12:45pm (registration deadline, Thursday, March 31)
- Friday, April 8, 11:45am - 12:45pm (registration deadline, Thursday, April 7)