Educational advisors can help you create an educational plan based on your specific education and career goals. Advisors have information about educational requirements for different college programs, courses, certificates, diplomas and degrees. They are here to help you investigate programs and courses, explore financial aid options and make a university transfer plan.

Meet our educational advisors, explore education options, learn about terms you’ll need to know and how to transfer to and from NIC.

Current students can book an appointment through myNIC. If you haven't applied to NIC and have questions, call 1-800-715-0914 or email

Advising FAQs

Student Planning is the tool that NIC uses for course planning and registration.  As a student, you can access this through you student portal (myNIC) in the Self Service menu.  Directions about Timetabling and Registering for courses can be found here.

Each program page has a tab which indicates costs.  Some of the costs are estimates, such as the costs of books and supplies, as these can vary from one intake to another.  The estimates included are generous.  The tuition and fees are accurate for each program.

StudentAidBC is the place to apply for a loan.  NIC also has Financial Aid Advisors who can assist with this process.  Click here to make an appointment.

Indigenous Education at NIC is priority.  There are Indigenous Education Navigators at each campus, along with Elders.  This page offers a good overview of NIC’s services for Indigenous students.

There are block transfer agreements in place between NIC and other institutions.  Information about those agreements can be found here on the BC Transfer Guide.  These are an agreed upon blocks of courses (generally equivalent to two years), which can easily move from NIC to the receiving institution.

Additionally, students sometimes want to transfer courses to another institution outside of a block transfer agreement.  In this situation, students have left NIC and are now a student of another institution.  That new institution’s Student Records Office likely has a required form for NIC’s courses to be accepted as transfer credit to that new institution. 

You may have courses from another institution that you would like to transfer to NIC to be part of your new credential.  Generally there is a limit to the number of courses you can transfer in towards your credential, so talking with an Educational Advisor is a good place to start.  Here is a NIC form that students complete to request transfer credit. 

In 2020, NIC will be hosting a virtual graduation because of considerations related to COVID-19.  Most years, there are ceremonies at each campus.  NIC hopes to host those ceremonies in 2021.

Students also need to apply for their credential, whether or not there is a graduation ceremony.  The form to remit to receive that credential can be found here.

NIC has two dedicated education/military advisors who can help military members. For more information, please visit this page.